Thursday, October 15, 2009

RUMINATING... The Good Kind

I can do real damage to myself with pointless rumination. We all can, if we're so inclined. Lately I've been doing the good kind of ruminating... The kind where I overflow with happiness and praise for God's grace, love, and gifts.

I decided to actually retire full-time instead of part-time, and it's SO freeing. I love it. Life was a little too slow this summer as I sought purpose to go along with my freedom. That part is going to take some time, but for the present and the next four months my little ones are here from Europe and each day is full to overflowing. We'll have Thanksgiving together--all of us, including 4-3/4 little ones: LG, JA, KF, LE, and a yet-to-be named baby girl.

I could spend all day watching the not-yet-two-year old. She is amazing. Smart, clever, vivacious, and mischievous! And, her four-year old sister is dynamite! I am loving it. Lots of cooking and cleaning, and then lots of laughing and hiding and games and videos and most of all hugs and kisses and I love yous!

Life for the foreseeable future is good! And, that's the most anyone can hope for in this life.

No comments: