Wednesday, November 11, 2009

GALLOPING PONY



Life wasn’t a continuum of events, although it wore the guise of exactly that. Instead, it was actually a carousel. In infancy, one mounted a galloping pony and started out on a journey during which one assumed that circumstances would changes as the expedition continued.
But the truth of life was that it was an endless repetition of what one had already experienced…. Round and round and up and down on that pony. And unless one dealt with whatever challenges one was meant to deal with along the route, those challenges appeared again and again in one form or another till the end of one’s days.

A Traitor to Memory
by Elizabeth George

I just love Elizabeth George. The woman can write! And, I agree with her here. I’ve said many times that it seems like I keep having to learn the same things over and over again, when in actuality I’ve been presented with varying degrees of the same problem/situation over and over again because I’ve not yet got it right.

No comments: