Tuesday, November 10, 2009

MULTI-TASKING





It's popular now to state that if you multi-task you don't do any one thing well. I know differently. I was a multi-tasker for years, and continue to slide into that mode on occasion. My job as an executive assistant required multi-tasking and I did it well. Very well.

Some of us are wired to keep a lot of plates spinning and have the ability to also complete tasks on-time. Currently, I choose to not multi-task. I am at a stage of life that allows me to slow down and to enjoy the journey. I've missed a lot of joy over the years, because while I was successful at multi-tasking, it left me drained and exhausted and unable to slow down the processing unless I totally collapsed into inertia or sleep. I didn't know how to dial it down. I multi-tasked everything.

No comments: