Sunday, August 17, 2008

SHARE-CHECK-SHARE


I used to give great big hunks of myself away to anyone who would listen. It sickened me. Then when the therapist JF suggested the book, Healing the Child Within, I learned to discriminate as to what I shared with whom. The gained wisdom came from a simple formula:

SHARE - CHECK - SHARE

When you share a story, just share a bit. Then let the dust settle and check to see if the sharee is a safe person--someone who doesn't gossip or offer solutions and try to solve your "problems." If you still feel good about this person, share some more. And, check some more...

...when we are aware of experience, share, accept and then let go of our feelings, we tend to be healthier and more able to experience the serenity of inner peace that is our natural condition.
Healing the Child Within
Charles L. Whitfield

No comments: